Monday, January 26, 2009

plans, planning, and preparation...

The big project right now with the house is getting all of the pricing together so we're ready to start on the loan process. It's amazing all of the choices and people/companies we have been dealing with. I've watched This Old House, helped my dad with stuff around the farm, but I didn't truly realize all of the little details we'd need to think about to build our house. Jon has been great about all the little details-knowing what we need and also making sure to get prices from several places to compare. For the most part this is Jon's turn to pick stuff out...I really don't know enough to make alot of these choices... to me wood is wood, but to Jon it's trusses and Sips panels, ect. Here's a fact I just learned there's different types of joists ( I thought there was one type).

Back when we were first starting the house planning...Jon and I made a deal he got to pick most of the structural stuff and I get to decide on the pretty stuff. I think I got the better end of this deal. I even got him to agree to painting the laundry area pink!

Something that I've been an thinking about for quite awhile is my tree. Jon thinks I'm worried about things too far in advance. I see it as something to look forward to. I had this idea...with some input from Lisa , to paint (insert Lisa paint and I play with her kids) a tree on the wall in the stairwell. I then want to hang family pictures on it.

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of painting a tree on the wall for your family pictures! Genius! Please let me know if you need any help painting!
    It will help me put my art degree back into use!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jon- Thanks for sending the link to your blog. Exciting news about building a house, congrats! Pella windows, right? Let me know if I can help. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete