Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas

Leading up to Christmas whenever Jon asked what I wanted, I always responded "our house". This caused a bit of frustration. On Christmas Eve as we were about to open our gifts to each other, I noticed my gifts were in four identical wrapped boxes, with a jewelry box on top. I opened the jewelry box first. Maybe it's just me but the first thing I did was to look at the inside of the top to see where it was from. I was a bit confused as it listed a store in Ft. Madison....While I'm doing this Jon is waiting for a reaction. I finally looked into the box and instead of jewelry there was a rather large key. I made a comment somewhere along the lines of "What's this the key to our house?" Little did I know inside of the four matching boxes were the outside doorknobs to our future home. Leave it to Jon to get me the key to our house for Christmas. He did a great job of picking them out. They were the exact ones I had been picturing in my head.

One of my other favorite gifts this year came from my brother, Andrew. Before Christmas when my brothers asked what we wanted I told them, money towards things for our house. I learned this Christmas that Andrew is great at following directions....if it means it's easier for him and he can be silly about it. As we were opening gifts at my parents Andrew hands me a folded piece of paper. Inside is written " to Jon and Michele, good for the 3rd step of the stairs. Andrew" -I think the 3rd step might have to be something cool...like stone....

1 comment:

  1. Yeah John! Way to love your wife.

    Merry belated Christmas and Happy House Year.

    -k

    ReplyDelete